cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Automate Staff ringo
Power Automate Staff

Help us make Flow better!

Hi everyone!

I’m Ringo and I’m a PM intern working on making Flow more relatable for new users. Since you have all successfully used Flow, your input would be valuable in helping us learn how to help others discover the Flows that are relevant to them. This would help us enable an even greater ease of use for our first time users.

I would love to know what kind of job functions you perform using Flow. A reply with the job title you identify with and a few Flows that you currently use to automate certain parts of your work would be awesome.

Using this information, I hope to be able to create a better landing page that will help new users identify the flows most relevant to them. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ringo

3 REPLIES 3
rplatham
Level: Power Up

Re: Help us make Flow better!

Hi Ringo, while I'm not in the category you are looking for, I think I'm in the audience you're trying to help.

I'm a tech savvy in-house lawyer lost trying to figure out Flows for the first time.  Our intranet transitioned from SP2007 and SP2010 into Office 365 (so I have Flows for Office 365 at my disposal) and I'm considering having a document review, tracking and approval process built using Flows, but I don't quite know where to start or how to get a slightly-lower-than-high-level overview of Flows.

Sharepoint workflows was almost capable of doing this process previously (with some conditional and metadata exceptions and fairly major long-term maintenance issues) but I'm having trouble figuring out the scope of what Flows can do compared to SP workflows.

At the same time a robust multi-state document review, tracking and approval process seems like it is ripe for a standard template since the document content or purpose is largely irrelevant from the template's perspective.  That would be a great launching pad for a custom Flow.

I currently do not use Flows for anything.  I looked at the templates but have hesitancy to dive in if I can't confirm the scope of what I want is possible.  I can't commit to learn until I can foresee my goal is achievable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ringo,

I have been using Flow for a couple of Months now. Still learning how to convert repetitive tasks into Flow actions. I have access to Office 365 so nearly all the Office Suite are available to me.

I work in Employment Services as a Employer Solutions Consultant.

I use Flow for sending New Leads (Employers) from One Note to Planner (Task Items) & Sharepoint for a report to my manager.

Steps as follows:

I use Office Lens to take a picture of the Employer's Business Card, Lens send the picture to New Leads Section in One Note. When this is done 3 Flows are actioned.

1. One Note to Sharepoint - (When a new page is created in a section -> Create item) Line item for a report to my manager

2. One Note to Planner - (Create tasks to review OneNote pages) - New Leads to follow up

3. One Note to Notification (Mobile Flow App) - (Get a push notification when a new OneNote page is added)

Regards

Paul

abrae005
Level: Powered On

Hi Ringo.

I'm a Technology Analyst in an HR organization.  Right now, I haven't created a whole lot of flows, but the main one that I've created is to add a whole bunch of tasks to Planner (and assign to various people) when we have a new member on our team.

I'm sure there will be other use cases that come up, I've only been playing around with Flow for about a month.

Thanks,

EA

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (6,137)