cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

View designer - Provide your feedback to the team!

The view designer is now generally available! The team will be using this post to actively monitor feedback in the next few days and weeks. Please submit your feedback on the view designer and have your voice heard.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Yahya
Level 10

Re: View designer - Provide your feedback to the team!

Sweet,

1. I still need to be able to change the dispaly name of a field from within the view designer 

2. How about Excel or SharePoint-like conditional formatting?

3. I suggest add the feature of column width of = maximum available which I could set for one column only

4. I suggest add Group by feature to any column

Apart from this, I have the following on the Model-Driven apps designer: -

I need to be able to add an entity instance more than once, while each instance has its own views, and has its own form!!! 

For example: I have a custom entity I call ACCOUNT, in which there are accounts with Types = CUSTOMER, SUPPLIER, BANK, FORWARDER, GOVERNMENTAL, INSURANCE, etc

I know I can add views in the Entity instance, such as

Active Customers

Inactive Customers

Active Customers in Jordan

Active Customers outside Jordan

then

Active banks

Inactive Banks

Customer Banks

Supplier Banks

etc

then

Active Suppliers 

Inactive Suppliers

Suppliers - with agency agreement

Suppliers - with gentleman agreement

Suppliers - to verify

etc

then 

etc

Imagine, long list and i can assure you it can be 50 views, it works but its annoying.

And worst is that the Form I need for Supplier is different from the form of a Customer, different from the bank, different from the insutance etc

I know can design a long (BIG) form with complicated rules to show/hide fields based on Account Type, and it works, but it does not work show/hide tabs without coding, and I am an average user, which model driven is meant to be for, so now what?

Imagine every Entity instance has its own default form: magic!!

I hope i am heard..

Thanks 

Scooter
Level: Power Up

Unfortunately it’s missing a lot of the features we have with existing views. I.e. I can filter by selecting a lookup value. I can’t do contains data anymore...
Rebecca-MSFT

Is this available for Canvas Apps as well?

jlindstrom
Level: Powered On

Why is the view designer at make.powerapps.com solution experience different than the one in app designer? There are some really nice features of the one in app designer that I love, such as the ability to change the layout and filter from the same screen (new view designer pops up a new screen for filter and the ability to specify sort columns by clicking on the header column of the view.

PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

Thanks @Scooter. Can you provide an example? The view designer supports both filtering by lookup and contains/does not contain data operators.

PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

@Rebecca-MSFT not right now but we do want to extend the benefits for model-driven forms and views beyond model-driven apps.

PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

Thanks @jlindstrom. Eventually this will be the view designer used from the app designer. The new view designer lets you update filter conditions inline.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/blog/quickly-edit-the-filters-for-views/

Sort conditions can also be quickly applied via the property pane.

Please let me know if I am not understanding your ask correctly.

Scooter

We have lots of customers complaining about the new views - as Microsoft have removed basic functionality that was very helpful for filtering. 

When filtering on a LookUp - you MUST spell the name perfectly rather than selecting from the active records of that lookup. If I want to filter records where a column has NO data there is no possible way to do this. 

I hope they bring this back as it's a real oversight for Views.

sidg
Level: Powered On

Hi @Scooter , 

You are able to start typing into the lookup filter text field to see the list of values to pick from.

If this isn't what you are mentioning, could you please take a screenshot/video and attach to this thread?

You can also reach out to me at sidhartg @ microsoft .com 

Thanks,

Sid