cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eloy52
Level: Powered On

error maximum call stack exceeded powerapps on Apple Tablets and phone

When opening my App from Iphone I get the error maximum call stack exceeded powerapps. When open the app on my Windows Pc it works fine. Only get error on a Apple Tablet or Iphone. I am connectiring to a Sharpoint List. Once I close the popup of the error access to the app and data works fine.

PowerApps Staff Rank AllenKim
PowerApps Staff

Re: error maximum call stack exceeded powerapps on Apple Tablets and phone

Hi @Eloy52,

Did you happen to grab the session ID when the error occurred? If so, can you reply here with the session ID? Otherwise, the next time you hit the issue, please go back to the main PowerApps page with all of your apps, click the hamburger menu in the top left, select Session details, then copy the session ID and paste it here. I can then take a look at what may have caused this.

Thanks,

Allen

eloy54
Level: Power Up

Session ID: 9b11670a-22e9-4419-aea4-3bbe329edfd5
Eloy52

it happen my defualt enviroment yestuday app: Session ID: 9b11670a-22e9-4419-aea4-3bbe329edfd5.

Today it happen in my production app:

Session ID: 7ec40131-e090-4801-8845-ab6d156965c1
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Eloy52,

We use the URI.js library to construct our URLs. It looks like what is happening is that the URI.js library is throwing this error when we ask it to encode the url's query parameters. This seems to mainly be happening on older model devices that have less memory, but I have not confirmed this.

Unfortunately, there is currently no workaround. The solution will probably involve either modifying the URI.js library or to replace it with another library or our own implementation. I'm following up internally with this issue. We are seeing other reported incidents that are similar, so hopefully this will be prioritized.

Thanks,

Allen

Eloy52

Is there anything my develop app i can do on app to prevent thai or suspress the error some how? seem after error happen i click x to popupnit works fine. Just in mean time you find fix for me.
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Eloy52,

Unfortunately, there is no way to suppress the error toast. It is automatically shown whenever any service call fails.

There is a workaround that is far from ideal, but it may work for your specific instance. Based on what I was seeing, it looks like you're making a delegated SharePoint request. I believe this is what is actually causing the error toast to sometimes show up. If you can avoid making a delegated query, then the URI.js function (buildQueryParameter) that is throwing the exception will not be executed. Removing the delegation will only work if your SharePoint list has and will only ever have less than 500 items. Therefore, this workaround may not even work for you.

On a related note, we're investigating this issue further to see if we can find a solution. One of the problems is that this issue is hit by a very small number of users (single digits), and we can't repro the issue locally.

Thanks,

Allen