cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

How to Resolve Access database error ‘file already in use’

I check my file, there is no corruption in the Access database file. What else I can do?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: How to Resolve Access database error ‘file already in use’

If there is no corruption in database file it means the user does not have ‘create’ rights for the folder in which the database is present, and he opens the database. 

The MS Jet database engine does not create the locking information file LDB in Access 2003 and in earlier Access versions and LACCDB in MS Access 2007 and 2010 versions, which is essential for multiple users to open the database.

Note – A user who does not have ‘create’ rights needs to open the database entirely if an analogous LDB file or LACCDB file is not present.

For better understanding you may read this related blog, which also helps me to resolve this issue one month before- https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/resolving-access-database-error-file-already-in-use/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,315)