cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dricc
Level: Powered On

On refresh of Excel: the line item at the end of the list is not alined

I don't know where to post this question so I put it off topic.

Every day I refresh an Excel file that is linked to my Sharepoint list, in order to retrieve in Excel the latest updates that have been made in the Sharepoint list.

In my Excel table I added some extra columns to the right of the data that gets uploaded from Sharepoint. These columns on the right are filled in manually by me. For example I would add comments that relate to a specific line item.

For my comments on the right to stay alined with its respective line item, I make sure that no line item gets deleted from my Sharepoint list. Otherwise, they move lines in my Excel list whereas my comments stay on the same line.

This method works, exept for the last line of the Excel table. If I enter a comment on that line (at the right of the data updated from SP list) and I refresh the Excel with the latest SP data, these comments added in the last line will have moved to a line further down (one of the lines added with the refresh).

Doe anyone have experience with this method and this issue? Or can you think of a better method? I know I could add these columns on the right in the SP list, but in my configuration these comments on the right are just for managing the tasks within my team, and entering them in Excel is much faster than entering them in the Sharepoint form for every single item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 47 members 4,523 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: