Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint site 404 error

Hi there.....

Not really a workflow question but hopefully someone can help.....

I have a sharepoint group that I created for a customer.  When I visit the site, I am getting a 404 page not found error.

I was able to get into the site and view the site pages - see images below.  I know that I deleted the original homepage and set a new site page, to the new homepage.  That's when the problems started.  I tried to put everything back together but nothing seems to be working.  I have done this successfully on another site however without any issues so not sure what the issue is.

The original group name had a "/" in between Normandy and LCA and I have since removed it, but that did not seem to help either.

Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Sharepoint site 404 error

go to site information -> site settings - what is set as the welcome page?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Sharepoint site 404 error

I tried finding the welcome page through the settings myself (see below) but couldn't put heads or tails on where to look.  I did correct the problem however.  I restored all the files from the recycle bin.  One of the files I deleted was originally set as the "home page".  Once I restored that file, I was able to set another page as the homepage, and then delete the original file.

x.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,792)