Create a SharePoint Site and a document folder to place the documents.
Create few sample records.
- The record got created successfully and the attachment is seen on the file column.
- Now let’s create a Power Automate flow that will be triggered on create/update of the entity ProfileDetails.
- Navigate to Solutions-> Create new Solution->Add New->Cloud Flow
- Follow the below steps,
- Click on Save and Test.
- Open the Run History of Flow. Click on the latest record and open it.
- Navigate to Get a Row by ID step ->Outputs.
- Copy the body completely.
- Add a new step below Get a Row by ID to Parse JSON,
- Click on Generate from Sample. Copy the body from above step and click on done.
- Pass the body(‘Get_a_Row_by_ID’) to content
- Add the next step as Microsoft Dataverse trigger , ‘Download a file or an image’
- Pass the Entity name that has the file column as Table Name.
- Pass the Row ID that we received from previous step.
- Choose the column name (File Column).
- Add the next step as SharePoint trigger – Create File.
- Pass the Site Address and folder path.
- Search for the FileName from Dynamic Content parse JSON step.
- Pass the body(‘Download_a_file_or_an_image’) to the file content.
- Now save the flow.
- Create a record to ProfileDetails table. Upload attachment to file column.
- The flow gets triggered and creates the document in SharePoint.
Flow Complete steps:
The flow to get Files from File Column in Data Verse using Power Automate is successfully created.