cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft davallen
Microsoft

Ability to pass both a dataset and property into PCF component

Curious if this feature was under consideration. I have a scenario where I need information from the parent entity, while also passing data from a related subgrid. Unfortunately, i can only pass a dataset or property in my manifest, a mixture of the 2 seems to make them not discoverable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jdaraz
Level: Powered On

Re: Ability to pass both a dataset and property into PCF component

Hey @davallen ,

This is possible, I am doing it currently with a PCF component I am working on.

Am passing in a dataset and 3 SingleLine.Text properties. Here's what my manifest looks like:

<data-set name="viewName" display-name-key="View Name"></data-set>
<property name="startDateField" display-name-key="Start Date Field" description-key="Start Date Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />
<property name="endDateField" display-name-key="End Date Field" description-key="End Date Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />
<property name="parentEntityField" display-name-key="Parent Entity Field" description-key="Parent Entity Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jdaraz

Hey @davallen ,

This is possible, I am doing it currently with a PCF component I am working on.

Am passing in a dataset and 3 SingleLine.Text properties. Here's what my manifest looks like:

<data-set name="viewName" display-name-key="View Name"></data-set>
<property name="startDateField" display-name-key="Start Date Field" description-key="Start Date Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />
<property name="endDateField" display-name-key="End Date Field" description-key="End Date Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />
<property name="parentEntityField" display-name-key="Parent Entity Field" description-key="Parent Entity Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Microsoft davallen
Microsoft

@jdarazwhat is the parententityfield? Are you passing the guid of the parent record? 

I am trying to figure out how to get this passed to the PCF component also.

jdaraz

@davallen no it’s not. It’s what I was trying to do but doesn’t seem possible currently.
Microsoft davallen
Microsoft

@jdarazI found from another thread that the context.mode.contextInfo.entityId property exists that contains the id of the parent entity. It was stated that this was not a supported method and the d.ts does not have a properties for this. But it seems like an important feature to have and provides a workaround to accomplish a lot more scenarios with PCF controls.

jdaraz

Cool thanks @davallen will check this out later.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Users online (6,856)