cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
davallen
Level: Powered On

Ability to pass both a dataset and property into PCF component

Curious if this feature was under consideration. I have a scenario where I need information from the parent entity, while also passing data from a related subgrid. Unfortunately, i can only pass a dataset or property in my manifest, a mixture of the 2 seems to make them not discoverable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jdaraz

Re: Ability to pass both a dataset and property into PCF component

Hey @davallen ,

This is possible, I am doing it currently with a PCF component I am working on.

Am passing in a dataset and 3 SingleLine.Text properties. Here's what my manifest looks like:

<data-set name="viewName" display-name-key="View Name"></data-set>
<property name="startDateField" display-name-key="Start Date Field" description-key="Start Date Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />
<property name="endDateField" display-name-key="End Date Field" description-key="End Date Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />
<property name="parentEntityField" display-name-key="Parent Entity Field" description-key="Parent Entity Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jdaraz

Hey @davallen ,

This is possible, I am doing it currently with a PCF component I am working on.

Am passing in a dataset and 3 SingleLine.Text properties. Here's what my manifest looks like:

<data-set name="viewName" display-name-key="View Name"></data-set>
<property name="startDateField" display-name-key="Start Date Field" description-key="Start Date Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />
<property name="endDateField" display-name-key="End Date Field" description-key="End Date Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />
<property name="parentEntityField" display-name-key="Parent Entity Field" description-key="Parent Entity Field" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" />

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

davallen

@jdarazwhat is the parententityfield? Are you passing the guid of the parent record? 

I am trying to figure out how to get this passed to the PCF component also.

jdaraz

@davallen no it’s not. It’s what I was trying to do but doesn’t seem possible currently.
davallen

@jdarazI found from another thread that the context.mode.contextInfo.entityId property exists that contains the id of the parent entity. It was stated that this was not a supported method and the d.ts does not have a properties for this. But it seems like an important feature to have and provides a workaround to accomplish a lot more scenarios with PCF controls.

jdaraz

Cool thanks @davallen will check this out later.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,843)