cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OliverFlint
Level: Powered On

Binding to address fields on contact/account

I'm just playing with the PCF and noticed that I cannot bind properties of my component to the address fields (e.g. address1_line1).

I am able to configure address fields on the form to display the control in the UI and that binds the first property. But any other properties after that cannot be bound to address fields on contact/account. I can bind them to other SingleLine.Text fields (e.g. firstname).

Is this a limitation or a bug?

Cheers

Ollie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff HemantG
PowerApps Staff

Re: Binding to address fields on contact/account

This is a known issue which has come up few times in the past too. It is being evaluated and tracked.  

As a workaround you can create duplicate text fields for the address components and use the PBL/ClientAPI script to read values from these into the OOB ones.  Workflows can also be used fro data copy. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
PowerApps Staff HemantG
PowerApps Staff

This is a known issue which has come up few times in the past too. It is being evaluated and tracked.  

As a workaround you can create duplicate text fields for the address components and use the PBL/ClientAPI script to read values from these into the OOB ones.  Workflows can also be used fro data copy. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I have also tried that, address fields on order like ship to and bill to address could be bind but for account, I am passing the logical name of the fields and retrieving their values through context.webapi.retrieve method

OliverFlint

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'll look forward to this being fixed 😉

PowerApps Staff HemantG
PowerApps Staff

@sheldoncopper73 wrote:

I have also tried that, address fields on order like ship to and bill to address could be bind but for account, I am passing the logical name of the fields and retrieving their values through context.webapi.retrieve method

That is interesting solution. Do you mind sharing the code for community reference as this avoids field duplication. 

OliverFlint

Hey @HemantG Just wanted to know when will we be the address bug will be fixed.

heitorsalatiel
Level: Power Up

There's already a final solution for this issue ? For the solution I've been implementing, I can't use any of the workarounds presented here.

mudassarhassan

Can you please share the solution? I am unable to access the address fields from my control?

Try this way I am able to get address field value

You have pass field logical name as input parameter then use context.webApi.retrieve to get passed parameter value to set value use context.webApi.update 

For current entity and recordID  

store context in a variable : let _context:any = context(since page is not declared in index declaration file you will get error)

_context.page.entityTypeName;
_context.page.entityId;

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Enable-binding-to-OOB-Address-Fields/idi-p/30238...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 325 members 5,690 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: