cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
navneet_singh
Level: Powered On

Changing the version of the Manifest file to update recent chnages in the solution

I have a PCF Component whose version is "1.0.0". I imported the solution in my tenant. If I want to make modifications to my component, without having to import the solution again, how is it possible? I tried to change the version of the manifest file and tried, but the solution wasn't getting updated. Does anybody have a solution to this?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<manifest>
  <control namespace="pcfcontrol" constructor="CustomLabelControlv1" version="2.0.0" display-name-key="CustomLabelControl " description-key="CustomLabelControl description" control-type="standard">
    <type-group name = "Strings">
      <type>SingleLine.Text</type>
      <type>SingleLine.URL</type>
      <type>SingleLine.TextArea</type>
      <type>Multiple</type>

</type-group>
    <property name="sampleProperty" display-name-key="InternalName_Display_Key" description-key="InternalName_Desc_Key" of-type-group="Strings" usage="bound" required="true" />
    <property name="fieldName" display-name-key="fieldName" description-key="Name of the field" of-type-group="Strings" usage="input" required="true"/>
    <feature-usage>
      <uses-feature name = "WebAPI" required = "true"/>
    </feature-usage>
    <resources>
      <code path="index.ts" order="1"/>
      <css path = "css/LabelCSS.css" order ="1"/>
    </resources>
  </control>
</manifest>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JMu

Re: Changing the version of the Manifest file to update recent chnages in the solution

Check out the current instructed method for deploying PCF controls using command line command "pac pcf push".

Updating version in Manifest file not required.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/import-custom-controls#depl...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JMu

Re: Changing the version of the Manifest file to update recent chnages in the solution

Check out the current instructed method for deploying PCF controls using command line command "pac pcf push".

Updating version in Manifest file not required.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/import-custom-controls#depl...

View solution in original post

Power Apps Staff jopursle
Power Apps Staff

If you want to update version, you can increment the minor and/or patch version values but not the major version value.  Currently, there is an explicit check to make sure the major version value is the same as the initially imported manifest value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Users online (4,679)