cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JoCas
Level: Powered On

Control Configuration properties of input usage only limited to 100 characters

I have a pcf control that requires more than 100 characters of input on the config property but onfiguration properties of usage type input only accepts 100 characters. Already set the property-type to SingleLine.TextArea, also tried Multiple but still no luck. My temporary workaround is inspecting the input element then modifying the maxlenght to 1000. Aside from this, is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
vigneshR

Re: Control Configuration properties of input usage only limited to 100 characters

As a workaround 

When the text is too long more than 100 words why don't you bind a value to a field Instead of the static value.

Regards

Vignesh.R 

JoCas

Re: Control Configuration properties of input usage only limited to 100 characters

That would be another work around, but the scenario I'm trying to achieve is when you don't have access to the data model and not allowed to add a field where it can be bound to. But anyways, thanks for your input @vigneshR.

PowerApps Staff jolake
PowerApps Staff

You are correct that this limitation is unnecessarily low. We have filed an internal bug (1485549) to investigate what the actual limit set on values here should be, so this process should be fixed in a future iteration to allow for a more reasonable limit.

In the meantime, your workaround is probably the best option short of manually updating the form definitions; please be wary that there may be limits to the size allowed my form configuration metadata that may also be hit with this solution if the value you are setting is very large.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,710)