cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GLMSDev
Level: Powered On

Is it possible to develop component in Mac ?

Hi 

Is it possible to develop component in mac ? I think CLI is only available for windows!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GuidoPreite

Re: Is it possible for to develop component in Mac ?

that nuget package contains the definitions for msbuild in order to build the PCF control (to get the correct output that after is packaged inside the solution)

Mono contains an implementation of msbuild but I don't know (as I didn't test) if it can work with PCF

Also if you are able to build the control, the packaging of the solution (using solutionpackager) afaik is only for windows (it is possible to manually package it but you will need to know exactly how the solution xml works)

Note that the things I wrote come from my experience, as this product is in preview maybe there are other ways to configure this on mac that I am not aware of, maybe the product team or other developers will reply to your question.

hope it helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GuidoPreite

The first part of the CLI helps you to create the wireframe for your control.

If you download an existing PCF source code and configure Node in your Mac you will be able to build and test your control with harness.

The other part of the CLI is the one helping you to build and package your control inside a solution, for this part you still need the CLI (or to be more precise a windows machine)

GLMSDev

Thanks. Any idea on Nuget package ? I could see some of the nuget package as shown below. will this help ?

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 2.40.42 pm.png

GuidoPreite

that nuget package contains the definitions for msbuild in order to build the PCF control (to get the correct output that after is packaged inside the solution)

Mono contains an implementation of msbuild but I don't know (as I didn't test) if it can work with PCF

Also if you are able to build the control, the packaging of the solution (using solutionpackager) afaik is only for windows (it is possible to manually package it but you will need to know exactly how the solution xml works)

Note that the things I wrote come from my experience, as this product is in preview maybe there are other ways to configure this on mac that I am not aware of, maybe the product team or other developers will reply to your question.

hope it helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GLMSDev

Thanks for the answer. I was just wondering if at all it is possible. Smiley Happy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Users online (4,530)