cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Apps Staff AnqiChen
Power Apps Staff

Re: Issue using Dataset Paging

hi Bhuvita and Shelton,

From this thread, it seems there potentially have bug that we were not aware of, thank you for pointing this. We will check this at our end and see.

Meanwhile, if you have a simplified solution version to indicate the issue, feel free to send to us through creating a ticket to us, or email to achen@microsoft.com / hemantg@microsoft.com, or just post here.

'gridNumber' is designed for OOB control usage only and cater for its specific scenario. I understand that it needs additional step to do the page number management at your side, which hopefully the workload is limitted.

Power Apps Staff

hi folks,

I check this and this reproes.

Attached solution is a temporary work-around, it contains a app 'TestDataSet' with one entity 'Student', that contains a control with work-around.

Once you import the solution, u should see the app and pls visit that and the control will just show up.

It also contains stub csv data so that u could import and play with.

The work-around is to make 'loadExactPage' call twice, we will work on resolving the issue.

Bhuvita
Level: Powered On

@AnqiChen 

Thanks for your response for the workaround but there seems to be issue with this.

If we move to say page 3 and click on refresh button on the command bar the pagenumber has to reset to page=1 because then even you are on page 1 when you click on load more button it will take you to page =4.

We checked the temporary workaround which was provided by you, we found a couple of issues

• Page size for my view was for 50 records but control was loading 100 records.
  • If I am on Read-only grid’s (OOB Grid) page no 3, and then I am switching to PCF control Grid now page 3 records are loaded correctly but I am not able to load Page 2 records(can’t go to previous page) even though Load previous page button is visible and I am clicking Load previous page button.
Power Apps Staff

hi Bhuvita and sheldon,

1) Thanks for this thread again and extensive testing on these scenarios. Thanks for the identifying on the work-around for:

If we move to say page 3 and click on refresh button on the command bar the pagenumber has to reset to page=1 because then even you are on page 1 when you click on load more button it will take you to page =4.
If I am on Read-only grid’s (OOB Grid) page no 3, and then I am switching to PCF control Grid now page 3 records are loaded correctly but I am not able to load Page 2 records(can’t go to previous page) even though Load previous page button is visible and I am clicking Load previous page button.

We internally have a bug already logged and we are working on it. The given solution hopefully could be used to unblock your development before our change released.

2) Regarding the behavior, 'If we move to say page 3 and click on refresh button on the command bar the pagenumber has to reset to page=1. '

For commandbar 'refresh', reset to page 1 is expected, but click 'next' within the control goes to page 4 is inproper. Yes, we might need to expose a way to let the control know the current page.

3) Regarding 'Page size for my view was for 50 records but control was loading 100 records'.

May I ask how do u set page size to be '50'?

For PCF control, the initial pageSize honor the personalization 'records per page'

Here is external link:

https://arunpotti.wordpress.com/2015/08/12/increase-number-of-records-per-page-in-ms-crm/

Hi, angi,

Our default page size is for 50 records, we checked it and for OOB Grid(Read-Only grid) the records counts are also loading for 50 records as expected.

Here is the screenshot for the same

View Page Size.png

Thanks!

Hi Microsoft Team,

Just wanted to know about the paging issue fix any tentative timing or any update regarding this would be really helpful.

Paging is a very important part of our product and we wanted it to work just like CRM OOB Grid works.

Thanks,

Sheldon

Power Apps Staff

hi Sheldon,

We are working on it, and I have a commit. Right now I am testing various scenarios.

Suppose everything works fine, the release plan is based on region. From what I see, it is about end of Jan reaches to Europe and early of Feb reaches to North America.

I am not sure if you could access to Canary environment. It's an environment that could be used for testing and early detection. It is about Jan 10 to reach to Canary.

Thanks for your reply

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Users online (6,066)