Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashlega
Level: Powered On

Issues with the build tools

Hi,

having a couple of issues with the recently released build tools:

1. Timeout errors - if the task can't export (or import) my solution in 2 minutes, a timeout error occurs and the build fails. Even though Timeout is set to 0 on the task (which seems to mean "infinite")

2. There seem to be no "solution upgrade" task. Without that task, using "import as holding" does not make sense 

Thanks,

Alex

14 REPLIES 14
ctophers

Re: Issues with the build tools

I have the same issue with the timeout at 2 minutes. The task is not using the Timeout variable in the control options

PowerApps Staff Mikkelsen2000
PowerApps Staff

Thanks a lot for letting us know. We're looking at this and will address in next release

Please keep the feedback coming...

LT_Ryan

This is an issue that we are also experiencing and I am very happy to see this response.

Specifically, we are using the export task to export a large Dynamics CE solution.

It would be great to connect and discuss the timeline and road map for this functionality as I can see it revolutionising ALM maturity for us.

riclund

Hitting the timeout too with a large solution. Any word on a solution? Has anyone found a workaround. It's kind of a show-stopper to not be able to export....

LT_Ryan

At the moment we have a very exciting proof of concept with a smaller solutions. Checking every day to see progress on these tools!

The ability to maintain source control through pipelines and streamline deployments in such a powerful tool.

PowerApps Staff Mikkelsen2000
PowerApps Staff

Sadly there is no workaround/solution on this. We are aware of the issue and working hard to get a new release out that solves it. Expect an update in September/October timeframe
LT_Ryan

Thanks for the update M2000 - really appreciate the work you guys are doing here!

riclund

@Mikkelsen2000 wrote:
Sadly there is no workaround/solution on this. We are aware of the issue and working hard to get a new release out that solves it. Expect an update in September/October timeframe

Thanks for the update Per. I'm sure you're as frustrated as anyone with this. Two minutes is pretty tight for any real world solution.

Hope you can get it done because these tools are magical compared to the skullduggery that had to be put together to do this stuff before. Great work!

riclund

So I managed to segment my solution enough to just scrape in under 2 minutes for solution export but now hit another issue that sounds size related - not meaning to take this thread off topic but PowerApps Solution Import is failing with "The size necessary to buffer the XML content exceeded the buffer quota." when trying to import my largest solution. Is this a known issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 320 members 5,818 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: