cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KoBe321
Level: Powered On

List of custom components is stuck in App Studio (Canvas)

I've got so many custom components that the list of "Import components" became full.

There are no pager buttons and even seaching for the newly added component yields no result.

See attached screenshot.

EDIT:

Many of the components you see in the list are already deleted, but somehow still visible there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff jopursle
PowerApps Staff

Re: List of custom components is stuck in App Studio (Canvas)

Sorry for the delay, it took me a couple minutes to create an unmanaged control and get it in the same state that you probably have your control in.

Here are the steps you can use to remove an unmanaged control after the solution has been removed:

1. From Solutions in PowerApps, click "Switch to classic"
2. In the upper left hand corner, change "All Solutions" to "All Solutions - Internal"
3. Find the solution name "Default" and click on the Display Name "Default Solution"
4. In the new window sidebar, select "Custom Controls"
That should list all the unmanaged controls that are currently still available.  Select the ones you don't want and use the "Delete" button to remove them.
Note that you may not be able to remove controls that are referenced somewhere in a form, but this doesn't apply to PowerApps apps.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @KoBe321 ,

Do you mean that the new added Code Component could not be listed under the "Import Components" panel?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. In default, the Scrollbar woud show up when the number of Code Components reach a specific value.

In addition, the Code Components within the Code tab is sorted by Modified time descending, so the new added component would be shown up at the top. You could consider click the Modified field, check if previous imported Components could show up.

Also please consider clear cache of your browser, then sign in your PowerApps again, check if the issue is fixed.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket for further help through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KoBe321

Thanks, but it seems that some updates have been published to live, as the buttons are now in the bottom left corner and the text "experimental" has been removed from the tabs.

Now I'm able to see all my components, BUT I still see components I've deleted.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @KoBe321 ,

Have you deleted the Solution which contains your Code Component in your current Environment?

If you do not delete the Solution which contains your Code Component in your current Environment, the Code Component would still be available under Code tab.

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KoBe321

Yes, I've deleted the solutions, but the components are still visible.

PowerApps Staff jopursle
PowerApps Staff

Unmanaged solutions don't delete controls when they are uninstalled unlike managed solutions.  You can delete controls though the classic UI that are left over after the unmanaged solution is installed.  If you are going to be adding and removing controls, you can build the solutions as managed (or both) and that may work a bit better for your needs.  The downside for managed solutions is that they can't be exported, but since you are only building a solution with a single control I don't think that will be an issue.

KoBe321

Sorry, but I don't understand where I should remove the components.

The solutions they are part of are already deleted, so I can't see them in the UI.

PowerApps Staff jopursle
PowerApps Staff

Sorry for the delay, it took me a couple minutes to create an unmanaged control and get it in the same state that you probably have your control in.

Here are the steps you can use to remove an unmanaged control after the solution has been removed:

1. From Solutions in PowerApps, click "Switch to classic"
2. In the upper left hand corner, change "All Solutions" to "All Solutions - Internal"
3. Find the solution name "Default" and click on the Display Name "Default Solution"
4. In the new window sidebar, select "Custom Controls"
That should list all the unmanaged controls that are currently still available.  Select the ones you don't want and use the "Delete" button to remove them.
Note that you may not be able to remove controls that are referenced somewhere in a form, but this doesn't apply to PowerApps apps.

View solution in original post

KoBe321

Thank you very very much!

I would have never figured it out myself! 😄

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff jopursle
PowerApps Staff

I'm glad I could help get this resolved.

For future reference to others that may view the thread, when you import an unmanaged solution you will get this message during the import UI process:
"Changes applied by importing an unmanaged solution cannot be uninstalled. Do not install this solution if you want to roll back these changes."

So, for the unmanaged solutions with just a control, the control won't be removed by solution uninstall and have to be removed manually.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,278)