cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnThomas
Level: Powered On

PCF Framework

I created a custom component in Powerapps component framework and uploaded it to CDS. But when I try to import the component in canvas app , it gives me an error "The data you want to open is not a msapp file". How can i resolve it?

6 REPLIES 6
DanzMaverick

Re: PCF Framework

I believe you are trying to use canvas app component import feature which is different than PCF Custom Control. Try to enable Custom Control import by following this documentation.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-experimental-release-of-the-powerapps-componen...
AnnThomas

I followed the same link. I activated the powerapps component framework also the component in App. But code(experimental) is not seen when i click import component. Instead i only have option to upload a data or select from the list(which lists only powerapps with components)

component.PNG

DanzMaverick

You might have already checked this but just trying to identify what’s missing. Another thing to check would be if you are in the correct environment when creating the canvas app. If you are in “Default” then change it to appropriate environment where custom control was added. And make sure when you import the solution file, you publish the customization.
PowerApps Staff jopursle
PowerApps Staff

In order to see the Code (Experimental) tab you also need to have the canvas feature of "Improved data source experience and Common Data Service view" enabled in  App settings > Advanced settings > Preview Features as well.

This extra feature enable requirement is being removed the a future version, but hasn't rolled out to release yet.  See if enabling this feature fixes the issue of the tab not being found.

Check if you are using <usesfeature> in ControlManifest.input.xml file,uncomment it at present PCF doesnt support webapi and utility in canvas app 

PowerApps Staff HemantG
PowerApps Staff

@AnnThomas wrote:

I created a custom component in Powerapps component framework and uploaded it to CDS. But when I try to import the component in canvas app , it gives me an error "The data you want to open is not a msapp file". How can i resolve it?

https://aka.ms/PCFCanvasBlog 

1. Admin setting is set to true for using PCF canvas components  

2. At the app level component experimental feature is turned on

You should be able to see the components tab if above are completed. 

For the PCF components to show up, make sure that the right CDS environment with the PCF solution is chosen and the PCF controls are of field type. Use the samples if you dont have any.

Hemant

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 134 members 5,329 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: