Hello all -
Currently the properties defined in the menifest can be setup and configured at DESIGN time in the form designer.
It is also possible to passing the input paramters at RUNTIME in the harness debug app.
However, is it possible to passing in parameters at RUNTIME in Powerapps/Dynamics, via form script? Basically inject values into the "context" for controls of type "customcontrol:****"
if so, how? If not, will that be a feature coming?
Go to Solution.
I have following idea but have not tried yet . hope we can discuss in this post. ( whether this would work or not and if it works whether it is a recommend or not, also anything need to be careful.)
- Bound component to string text field A on the form.
- Set field A 's submit mode 'never' onload of the form.
- Interact form and component using this field A by following approach
- Component to Form : Pass json string from getOutputs from component to form. field A's onchange should be trigger and you can get this json string.
- Form to Component : Setvalue of the field A should trigger component's updateview, you can get waht you want by context.paramters.xxx.raw.
View solution in original post
This can be a reasonable workaround before "Unbounded Control" is available:
The only thing seems unexpected is that in the form to component, updateView is not always triggered, if setValue is been called multiple times within a small timewindow https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-component-framework/updateView-is-not-called-on-every-.... But it can be resolved by accumulating values in the JSON object.
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Find out where you can attend!
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.