cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewLyMVP
Level 8

Re: Updated PCF Tooling version is now available (August 2019)!

@peterv333 wrote:

Hi Andrew,

Can you please validate that all the latest npm modules are pulled down for your project by running npm install? What version of node are you running? 

Hi Peter thanks for coming back to me, version info below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community>npm version
{ npm: '6.10.2',
  ares: '1.15.0',
  cldr: '33.1',
  http_parser: '2.8.0',
  icu: '62.1',
  modules: '64',
  napi: '3',
  nghttp2: '1.34.0',
  node: '10.15.3',
  openssl: '1.1.0j',
  tz: '2018e',
  unicode: '11.0',
  uv: '1.23.2',
  v8: '6.8.275.32-node.51',
  zlib: '1.2.11' }

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community>pac install latest
Feeds used:
  https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\NuGetPackages\

Installing package 'Microsoft.PowerApps.CLI' to 'C:\Users\aly3\AppData\Local\Microsoft\PowerAppsCLI'.
  GET https://api.nuget.org/v3/registration3-gz-semver2/microsoft.powerapps.cli/index.json
  OK https://api.nuget.org/v3/registration3-gz-semver2/microsoft.powerapps.cli/index.json 414ms
Package "Microsoft.PowerApps.CLI.0.4.3" is already installed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community>
rajyraman
Level: Powered On

I tried this for watch, but it doesn't seem to be rebuilding on file changes.image.png

Kristoffer88

Love that when you import a dataset, it chooses text for all the fields! Was a lot of work before if you had a lot of fields and needed to change them each time you reloaded your code.

Power Apps Staff peterv333
Power Apps Staff

Thanks Andrew. It looks like 'npm install latest' is not picking up the latest version of the module. Can you please try using 'npm update' instead. Once you have done that, please open the readme.md file in the ".\node_modules\pcf-start" and confirm that it has watch capability listed in the Release notes section as shown below:

0.4.3:
- Added optional watch capabilities to the control harness (use 'npm start watch')

If you are still not seeing above text in the readme, I would suggest deleting the node_modules folder from your project and just re-running npm install to pull them down.

alchin

Hi Rajyraman,

To start watch mode simply run:

"npm start watch"

You don't need a separate watch command in your package.json scripts.  The existing "start" script will take care of it.

Thanks,

Alex

alchin

Hi Andrew,

Running pac install latest does not update the npm dependencies in your PCF project.

You will need to run npm install pcf-scripts@latest from your PCF project to ensure that the project gets the latest npm package.

Thanks,

Alex

liun

Hello,

I ran into two problems. I have reinstalled the MSI v0.4.3 and ran all the npm updates. 

1. for the push tool, I got "MSB1008: only one project can be specified". I am at the root of the component (where .pcfproj located). I did not specify any project. No build.log exist in the folder as shown in the message.  See attached. 

2. The new solution building tool seems adding the publisher prefix to the control. The new packaged solution zip file can not be imported into Dynamics where same control build by previous version of the tool is installed. It complained about control name mismatch and asked for a rename. Since the rename was done by the tool, is there anyway to reverse that so the solution can be imported?

Power Apps Staff sgpchenchang
Power Apps Staff

Hi @liun,

Thank you for your feedbacks. The first issue is a known issue and has already been fixed. Unfortunately, you wil have to wait for the next update to accommodate the whitespaces. Sorry about that. Regarding the second issue a quick workaround (assuming your control doesn't have many dependencies yet) is to remove that control from your environment and re-import. We will get back to you shortly regarding a more sustainable solution. 

AndrewLyMVP
Level 8

@alchin wrote:

Hi Andrew,

Running pac install latest does not update the npm dependencies in your PCF project.

You will need to run npm install pcf-scripts@latest from your PCF project to ensure that the project gets the latest npm package.

Thanks,

Alex

You're awesome man, that worked.

And to the PCF team, the watch functionality is working great for me so far.

rajyraman

Hi @alchin ,

Tried it today morning. Works beautifully. This is a huge productivity booster. Thank you PCF Team.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,639)