Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MannyGrewal
Level: Powered On

Version error during packaging

Hi there,

I have updated to the latest tooling using pac install latest and created my project from the scratch using latest tooling (so its not an upgrade scenario, its a fresh project using the latest CLI v 0.3.4)

My pcfproj, cdsproj and devDependencies files already have got the versions as mentioned here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/get-powerapps-cli#update-mi...

I can compile the project file using npm run build, but I cannot package it. My issue is when I do 

msbuild /t:restore

I get an error saying error MSB4066: The attribute "Version" in element <PackageReference> is unrecognized.

Thats the cdsproj node that it is complaining about

<ItemGroup>
<PackageReference Include="Microsoft.PowerApps.MSBuild.Solution" Version="0.*" />
</ItemGroup>
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
devendramsft

Re: Version error during packaging

Can you please try using "Developer Command Prompt for VS 2017/ 2019" to run msbuild commands? You might be using a normal command prompt where you might have an additional copy of older version of msbuild in your path.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
devendramsft

Re: Version error during packaging

Can you please try using "Developer Command Prompt for VS 2017/ 2019" to run msbuild commands? You might be using a normal command prompt where you might have an additional copy of older version of msbuild in your path.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,957)