cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsunatsuna
Level: Powered On

open file on online in view mode

I want to open attached file in online on view form.

Here  are problems;

sharepointintegration>advanced>action>ViewForm(Formname): not available Onselect(I can't click and can't open file)

sharepointintegration>advanced>action>EditForm(Formname): available Onselect(I can click and open file)

I think onselect action can use in editable form and action:editform(formname).OnSelect action :Launch(ListBox1.Selected.AbsoluteUri & "?web=1"), meaning I can open attached file in online. the data from SP list.

I want to use ViewForm and when I click attached file I can open the file online.

please tell me how to solve this.

I tried a FormViewer, and I set action (sharepointintegration>advanced>action>ViewForm(formname)).

But error occur like this;

the function expects an editable form as its input,

the function has some invalid arguments.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: open file on online in view mode

Hi @tsunatsuna ,

If you mean that you want to launch the attachment files of SharePoint list in another tab in web browser, this can be achieve in PowerApps. You can add "Attachments" field of SharePoint list inside the view Form control. Then insert a button control inside this data card and set its OnSelect property to:

Launch(First(ThisItem.Attachments).AbsoluteUri);Launch(Last(FirstN(ThisItem.Attachments,2)).AbsoluteUri);Launch(Last(ThisItem.Attachments).AbsoluteUri)

This formula assume that you at most have 3 attachments files in the attachments field.

If mean that you want the file to be viewed inside PowerApps, then I'm afraid that this cannot be achieved currently.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 155 members 5,362 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: