cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdiAfiq
Frequent Visitor

App crashes when checking variables from the command bar if a Named Formula is defined with a variable

When I defined a Named Formula as a calculation with a variable it works fine, and all calculation is done correctly. However, when I try to check the Variables from the command bar, it crashes the app. The variable is set to the selection of a dropdown box. When I substituted the variable with directly referring to the dropdown box's selected title, I can check the Variables from the command bar without crashing.

5 REPLIES 5
ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

@AdiAfiq, Can you please share what expression you have on Named formula which causes the crash? What are the steps to repro the issue?

In a new App, the variable was defined as:

Set(varName, Dropdown.Selected);

in the OnChange properties of a new Dropdown box with DropDownSample in the items.

The Named Formula was defined as:

NamedFormula = varName.Value;

After that, check the Variables in the App by either:

View > Variables (in legacy ribbon)

OR

... > Variables (in modern command bar)

The App would then display a pop up:

AdiAfiq_0-1667523857543.png

Clicking the close button would then proceed to close the App and send the user back to the Apps List

(Power Apps | Apps)

The full details are in the Word Document file attached below.

Thank you for providing the details. We have identified the issue and will fix it in next release.

Same issue here.

ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

This has been fixed and should appear in next release in about 2 weeks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,010)