cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rappen
Advocate II
Advocate II

Edit the git version control

Being able to edit or at least delete the connect to version control would be nice!

Now you have to delete the app completely to un-connect it.

See my problems: https://jonasr.app/2022/01/powerapps-github/#change-git

PS: sorry if it's in the wrong place for my post!

14 REPLIES 14
westerdaled
Post Patron
Post Patron

This is truly problematic . Is there a work around for this  - I heard you just need to export the canvas App and reimport it . Unfortunately the app in question has a "could not find flow:" error , so I am unable to prove this

westerdaled
Post Patron
Post Patron

Any updates on this feature being implemented?

rappen
Advocate II
Advocate II

Nothing from MS so far...

rappen
Advocate II
Advocate II

Nothing from MS so far...

Nikolaus
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for the feedback! Disconnecting an app from Git is definitely on our roadmap.

CAC-93
Advocate I
Advocate I

I also am looking to edit my connection to git in Azure DevOps. I have the app connected to a repository, but I figured out that I want to connect it to a different branch. There is no way to change the branch the app is connected to. I like the feature, but it is definitely not good enough if you connect it once and then there is simply no action possible after that (beyond exporting and re-importing).

smadep
Advocate I
Advocate I

Disconnect ... is meanwhile supported, btw.

@CAC-93 , this could also help with your use case, right?

1. checkout into new branch in DevOps (or git bash) first
  2. disconnect canvas app
  3. reconnect using other branch

Yes @smadep. I just noticed the disconnect feature was added. I am now able to disconnect and reconnect to a different branch. 

Spinner
Advocate II
Advocate II

This is progress, but the disconnect process doesn't yet work properly. Even after pressing "Disconnect" and saving, Studio prompts for Git credentials when opening the app again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,978)