cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rappen
Advocate II
Advocate II

Edit the git version control

Being able to edit or at least delete the connect to version control would be nice!

Now you have to delete the app completely to un-connect it.

See my problems: https://jonasr.app/2022/01/powerapps-github/#change-git

PS: sorry if it's in the wrong place for my post!

15 REPLIES 15
DoveyD

My team is having the same issue.  Tried disconnecting and saving but still getting the prompts for Git credentials and the link is still there.  We are finding bugs and some of our changes are not being saved so we tried to ditch the connection.  I know it's experimental but I can't believe they would not have made a way to disconnect.

westerdaled
Post Patron
Post Patron

Yes, I share your frustration. They have had while to build support for disconnection the GitHub repo,  so it must be more complicated to implement, I guess. 

Are you using the main branch or another branch\directory.   The reason is my client doesn't allow direct updates to Main so we are using another branch which works ok.   I wonder if you delete any of the following:

• directory or branch 
  • the PAT  ( may need to create a test PAT and test app to co-author beforehand)

have you used the Power Platform CLI Addin to VSCode to scan the source code of the App to see if you can remove the GIt reference. If not is there GIT reference in a Dataverse table somewhere for the App. 

Found same. Disconnecting doesn't really disconnect. It asks to connect upon opening the app.

smadep
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm wondering where that reference to git is saved, didn't see it anywhere in the extracted app sources, neither in the extracted solution ...

Yes, it's completely unfit for purpose at present.

andjang

Is there a solution this for it now? Or is it still lost?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,023)