cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astraldata
Frequent Visitor

Named Formulas - Errors in 23011

Discovered that the named formulas referencing a SQL Server connection have broken links in the new authoring versions and I had to revert to 22122.

In 23011, I was able to change one named formulas parameters and it seemed to resolve the reference to the data source. Have the new authoring versions lost their references? The data type shows up as Error instead of Table. @JorisdG feel free to msg me for diagnostics/session info.

10 REPLIES 10
JorisdG
Power Apps
Power Apps

The engineering team is reviewing and will try to reproduce. We may reach out for session details if we're having trouble, thanks for offering!

JamesSnaps
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Can also confirm issues with named formulas in 3.23012.17. Formulas that are filtered sources from SharePoint appear as blank and never load. Rolling back to 3.22122.15 fixes it.

This happened on all apps that had were using 3.23012.17 and fix worked on all of them.

mvkr09552
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for confirming @JamesSnaps, could you please provide a sample app, thanks!

@mvkr09552 Not sure how you want me to do this? All the datasources for the named collections with issues are our SharePoint lists, so they'd appear blank for you either way?

leonsig93
Frequent Visitor

Commenting so I can come back to check on this. We are having the same issue. Will be rolling back to 3.22122.15 for now but hope the fix happens sooner than later. Named formulas really make life a lot easier.

That should be fine, I can create SharePoint lists with the same schema. 

mvkr09552
Microsoft
Microsoft

Could you please provide repro steps, I couldn't repro this on my end, are you seeing broken links in authoring or published app?

@mvkr09552 - To avoid the complexities of sharing one my main apps, I just created a Test app to see if it affected that too and it did. I've attached it here for you.

The named formula collection is just empty, nothing ever appears for it on 3.23011.20 or above. I can only get it working on 3.22122.15. The moment I switch back to a later version, the named formula collection is blank again.

For the test app I've added two list boxes and two labels.

One list box shows the named formula collection (and is therefore blank), the label below shows the count (empty).

The second list box shows the same collection but as a direct reference and the box below, the count.

Hopefully this helps you fix this issue.

Thanks for providing the app @JamesSnaps, provided app doesn't have any controls other than App & Screen1, could you please check if attached app is the right one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,033)