cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SP2019Admin
Helper II
Helper II

Any way to list all relationship between On-premise data gateway, their cluster, their connections and the apps using them?

Under https://make.powerapps.com/, we can list all the connections and all the gateway available. But it is not enough. We cannot rename those connections (by default, the connection is named with the user ID only). In my environment, we have 3 gateways shared used for multiple Apps by different developers. But all the connections have same name (username@mycompany.com - SharePoint).

When user start the PowerApps first time, the app will prompt user "do you allow connection of following?" He or she will see "username@mycompany.com - SharePoint" 2 or 3 times which is really confusing.

As Power Platform admin, the poor naming also confuse me a lot during troubleshooting. I am not dare work on any of the gateway because all of them have similar naming. 

I understood the UI cannot be changed easily. However is there anyway to list the configuration? e.g. PowerShell or check the configuration file in each gateway server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Up to now unfortunately we can't rename connectors once they're created. Suggest to submit that idea though at: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your article. I didn't aware Connection reference before.

I setup a solution immediately to try it out. I created a connection reference named "ConnRef" in solution. After export the solution and import it to another environment, PowerApp portal asked me to map "ConnRef" to an existing connection. Here I can only map "ConnRef" to one of my existing "SharePoint - username@mydomain.com" connection. 

Then I checked Data > Connections. There is nothing named "ConnRef". In Gateway, the naming still the same.

Then I test open the app. The name "ConnRef" is not showing anywhere..... so the confusion still exist. 

almostthere_connectionref.JPG

Did I overlook something? I think Connection Reference helps us when import a solution from one environment to the other. We still cannot name the relationship between on-premise data gateway, their cluster, their connections and the apps. 

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Up to now unfortunately we can't rename connectors once they're created. Suggest to submit that idea though at: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,883)