cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

App/Entity Access Restriction

Hi All,

New user to PowerApps- I have 3 separate Apps/Entities that are all part of the same Environment. I want to set restrictions around which Users can Access each App, but this doesn't seem possible through Security Roles.

Any advice hugely appreciated, thanks.

-Lucas

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

you can specify who can access any app by how the app is shared.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app

@haroldbk_msft  that's for canvas apps not model driven apps.

For model driven apps the best approach is to use security roles as that would allow you to manage security in multiple different ways. (It also meant MS had far less work to do when it came to displaying what Apps a user could see and access).

My suggested approach would be to create a security role for each app, configure the app to require that security role and then add the appropriate users to each security role.

Note System Administrators will always see all Apps so if it doesn't seem to be working use a second account to confirm it works (been there and wasted 30 minutes trying to work out what I had screwed up).

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

Thanks, @ben-thompson , that's very helpful.

However, I need all users to have access to edit Forms. It seems the security privilege that grants users ability to edit forms also allows them to access all Apps (see step 11 at the link below). 

Is there any way to separate these two privileges?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/share-model-driven-app

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Users online (7,161)