cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLGross
Level 8

App Owner Name - set to Service Account

How can we change the name of the app owner when it is moved from Dev to Prod? My client does not want the persons name shown as the app owner.

Dean Gross

Office 365- MSCA
SharePoint - MCSE
Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: App Owner Name - set to Service Account

You can use the PowerApps PowerShell to change the app owner name. It would look something like this but you would need to replace the parameters in single quotes with the actual values.

Set-AdminPowerAppOwner -AppName 'App ID' -EnvironmentName 'Default-SomeGuid' -AppOwner 'AAD Object Id'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: App Owner Name - set to Service Account

Hi @DLGross ,

Do you want to change the Owner of canvas app when importing it from Dev to Prod Environment?

If you want to change the Owner of canvas app when importing it from Dev to Prod Environment, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Actually, the Owner of app when importing it from Dev to Prod Environment is based on the sign in account of the target environment (Prod Env).

If you want to change the Owner of a canvas app, I think the PowerApps PowerShell cmdlet -- Set-AdminPowerAppOwner could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

The PowerShell cmdlet as below:

Set-AdminPowerAppOwner -AppName '526db76e-6ff8-4399-ba4e-df5bb897308b' -EnvironmentName 'Default-9e51064f-f6a5-41a2-89a9-9785a9d6c706' -AppOwner 'daf3bbc5-xxxx-4339-xxxx-50f51f1b4664'

More details about PowerApps PowerShell cmdlets, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-powershell

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,433)