cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebraga
Helper III
Helper III

App Passes in an Environment- Extra Steps Required?

Hello All,

Finally my company allowed us to buy a chunk of Power Apps per app per user licenses. I have assigned 55 licenses to our main environment that has a model driven app with a SQL connector. The trial licenses are almost up and I want to make sure there are no hiccups in between the process of trial use and licensed app use.

When I added the 55 licenses to the environment in the PowerPlatform admin center, I noticed it said I need to take more steps if I am using these passes for a model driven app (why would you need licenses if it wasn't model driven?) anyways, can someone tell me what additional steps I should take to make this transition as seamless as possible? I clicked on the link and it didn't say much about what additional steps I should be taking. How do I know if these licenses are being used or not?

ebraga_0-1625601571727.png

When I go to Capacity > Add Ons, it shows my app passes in my environment 

Thanks a bunch!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The following blog post walks through the extra steps.

Dynamics 365 Teams License vs PowerApps Per Apps License – Inkeysolutions

For your other question, "why would you need licenses if it wasn't model driven?"  If any app, even a canvas app uses a premium connector, like SQL, then the user must have either a per app or per user license.  So per app licenses may be needed for either a model driven or canvas app.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The following blog post walks through the extra steps.

Dynamics 365 Teams License vs PowerApps Per Apps License – Inkeysolutions

For your other question, "why would you need licenses if it wasn't model driven?"  If any app, even a canvas app uses a premium connector, like SQL, then the user must have either a per app or per user license.  So per app licenses may be needed for either a model driven or canvas app.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thank you this helped a lot. I was able to assign the passes in both the Power Platform environment and Azure AD. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,450)