cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebraga
Helper III
Helper III

App Passes in an Environment- Extra Steps Required?

Hello All,

Finally my company allowed us to buy a chunk of Power Apps per app per user licenses. I have assigned 55 licenses to our main environment that has a model driven app with a SQL connector. The trial licenses are almost up and I want to make sure there are no hiccups in between the process of trial use and licensed app use.

When I added the 55 licenses to the environment in the PowerPlatform admin center, I noticed it said I need to take more steps if I am using these passes for a model driven app (why would you need licenses if it wasn't model driven?) anyways, can someone tell me what additional steps I should take to make this transition as seamless as possible? I clicked on the link and it didn't say much about what additional steps I should be taking. How do I know if these licenses are being used or not?

ebraga_0-1625601571727.png

When I go to Capacity > Add Ons, it shows my app passes in my environment 

Thanks a bunch!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The following blog post walks through the extra steps.

Dynamics 365 Teams License vs PowerApps Per Apps License – Inkeysolutions

For your other question, "why would you need licenses if it wasn't model driven?"  If any app, even a canvas app uses a premium connector, like SQL, then the user must have either a per app or per user license.  So per app licenses may be needed for either a model driven or canvas app.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The following blog post walks through the extra steps.

Dynamics 365 Teams License vs PowerApps Per Apps License – Inkeysolutions

For your other question, "why would you need licenses if it wasn't model driven?"  If any app, even a canvas app uses a premium connector, like SQL, then the user must have either a per app or per user license.  So per app licenses may be needed for either a model driven or canvas app.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you this helped a lot. I was able to assign the passes in both the Power Platform environment and Azure AD. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,515)