cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psenoglu
Frequent Visitor

App is not updated after I move the solution to Production

Hi community,

I was deploying my app regularly from dev to prod environment inside a solution. That solution also includes the CDS tables. 

At the last deployment I noticed that the customizations which I have done in the app are not there after Export-Import Process which has been finished successfully. 

In contrast to this I see the changes on the tables (I have added a new column) in the prod after the deployment. 

Until last week I had no problems at all with deployment. Former owner of the environment has left the company so that his account is deactivated. I dont know if this problem has something to do with that. 

I don't want to delete the solution and create a new one because it is already a managed solution and has too many datas in tables.

Has somebody had the same problem? How can I solve this? 

Thanks in advance for all kind of support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alovalpwa
Frequent Visitor

Hello @psenoglu,

I found something. I've edited the solution in prod environment, selected the app and choosed the option "see solution layers". I've found on top an "umanaged layer", selected that one and clicked on "Remove unmanaged layer". Now I have the expected behavior in my app. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alovalpwa
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Hello @psenoglu I have exactly the same issue and reasoning.

After export a solution as managed solution to the production environment I would expect to see any changes made in the app on test environment reflected in the production environment.

psenoglu
Frequent Visitor

are you using any workarounds at this moment?

I have tried creating a new solution with all the entities and apps and imported it to the prod environment. 

Then I wanted to delete the old solution (problematique one). I was not able to delete it. I got the following warning message. 

Failed deleting solution. This solution cannot be uninstalled because the 'SystemForm' with id '4614a7f1-2c6b-43bb-bebb-5a9674537eeb(Informationen)' is required by the 'New_Solution' solution. Uninstall the New Solution solution and try again.

alovalpwa
Frequent Visitor

Hello @psenoglu,

No. It was my first approach to ALM in PowerApps. I have made a dataverse canvas app in the default environment and then created solutions to move them to a dev-test and production environments. I was surprised when I did not see (after soution export-import) changes made in dev reflected in prod.

Later I saw your post. But no answers by then.

I have found this blog https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/key-alm-updates/  

alovalpwa
Frequent Visitor

Hello @psenoglu,

I found something. I've edited the solution in prod environment, selected the app and choosed the option "see solution layers". I've found on top an "umanaged layer", selected that one and clicked on "Remove unmanaged layer". Now I have the expected behavior in my app. 

View solution in original post

psenoglu
Frequent Visitor

It seems like a perfecr solution! Thanks!

But I am not sure if I remove that layer also the data will be lost which has been collected with the unmanaged app? How does it seem with your data so far?MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,628)