cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Auditing PowerApps | model Dreven Apps & Portals Using PowerShell or Other Method

Hi all.

I am using Get-AdminPowerApp from the Power Platform PowerShell Module and can see the results returned only include CanvasApps.

We do not have COE (yet) and I am looking for a method to audit any tenant with 100 or more environments in order to capture data on Model driven apps & also portals.

I have access to Flow, MS Graph, Powerapps, PowerShell etc and Global admin access.

Can you someone please share with me the best way to get a list of all the model driven apps, the portals and information like createdBy, CreatedTime, ModifiedTime or any data that is accessible please?

Thanks in advance. Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

So if you are global admin, you should see all environments. If activity auditing is enabled, you can see audit history of model driven apps. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/enable-use-comprehensive-auditing

If you as the global admin add yourself as an active user to each environment, you can get the details of the apps and portals.

I'm not aware of tooling that will give you details of model driven apps in your tenant.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @AlanPs1,

CDS environments now come with Environments and "PowerApps App" entities. You can easily list these environments and related apps with Power Automate for example. The PowerApps App entity has a field name "App type" which you can filter by model-driven:

2020-06-08_19-52-28.png

These are the entities the CoE starter kit uses to govern the apps.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

Hi @EricRegnier 

Sorry for the late reply.

You say "You can easily list these environments and related apps with Power Automate for example".

I am looking at the common data service connector but can't see a suitable option. Would you mind helping by showing me how you'd do that or naming the connectors and actions please?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Best wishes,

Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

Hi Alan,

My example was looking at the "PowerApps Apps" entity directly in a model-driven app (or in D365) via Advanced Find. You also have access to that entity in Power Automate "Common data service (current environment)" connector:

2020-07-04_21-54-07.png

Highlighted

That entity is only there if you have installed the coe starter kit

https://stevemordue.com/wp-content/uploads/CoE-Starter-Kit-Documentation-and-Setup-Instructions.pdf#...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,819)