cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Can I Share a PowerApp with Azure AD Guest User?

There is a post from 2016 about not being able to "Share" a PowerApp with B2B guest users. This is now available in Power BI:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-expands-access-to-intelligence-for-external-guest-...

so I find it hard to believe that it's not available in Power Apps yet. However, when I try to "Share" with a B2B Guest user (they have a Office 365 E3 account and Power Apps license in their own tenant so it's not a license issue) I get an error "[Guest user email address] is not in your organization's directory", which makes no sense because I can see it in my list of users in my directory.

Do I need to give the Guest user some special access in my Azure Active Directory in order for share a Power App with them? Has anybody been able to successfully share with B2B Guest users?

If not, this really restricts the usefulness of Power Apps!

Thanks,

Kathryn

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted

I’d like to be an early adopter too.

Highlighted

We desparetly need to have some Guest users for our powerApps.  Can you add our company to the early user group?

Bruce

Highlighted

Is there an update on this. The discussion is raising a dillema. 

Check the partner show case of microsoft powerapps - https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-showcase/

There are multiple apps available for external users (Must have PowerApps licence) to use. 

I am wondering how these apps are accessible to users who have powerapps licence but do not belong to same organization or tenant. 

Or, Is there a special setup by Microsoft to faciliate this partner show case.

Can someone explain this to me?

Highlighted

hi, do you have some news about it please?

andi

Highlighted

Here are my observations -

PowerApps user must have powerapps licence, else user cannot access the application.

PowerApps can only be used by users within organization. This is an unexpected restriction given that Point a. is already in place.

The applications posted on Microsoft PowerApps Partner shocase are under special environment which allows users to access application using their own powerapps subscription.

For guest users, you need to have guest accounts to login. 

@deagles wrote:

I’d like to be an early adopter too.

Highlighted

how can we add our organization to the early group too or to be under special environment which allows users to access application using their own powerapps subscription

Boston Scientific organization

Highlighted

How does providing a 'use case' count as 'solving' the problem?

Highlighted

Hi, I have a small business with own domain but no AD.  I have a license for Powerapps and I would like to developp an app for some clients, I am willing to create AAD for my team and include the clients as well.  Is there any way I could share an app with them knowing we are all on AAD?

Highlighted

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,076)