cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielRK
Super User
Super User

Can I still use solutions if Sharepoint online is my primary datasource?

Hi,

Can I still use solutions if Sharepoint online is my primary datasource? When creating my test environment I see under solutions that you need to have a dataverse database to have solutions.

I have created the DB but I'm concerned that I might not be able to use solutions if I have to base my apps on Dataverse as a datasource.

Can anyone provide clarity on the matter?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joe_hannes_col
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hello @DanielRK,

Yes, you can still create and use solutions based on other data sources than Dataverse, e.g. SharePoint.

You only have to create a Dataverse DB for enabling the use of solutions itself. If you are using solutions for Application Lifecycle Management, you will also have to create a Dataverse DB in the target environment before you can import the solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
joe_hannes_col
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hello @DanielRK,

Yes, you can still create and use solutions based on other data sources than Dataverse, e.g. SharePoint.

You only have to create a Dataverse DB for enabling the use of solutions itself. If you are using solutions for Application Lifecycle Management, you will also have to create a Dataverse DB in the target environment before you can import the solution.

Hi @joe_hannes_col ,

Many thanks for your time and expertise.

Regards,

Daniel

joe_hannes_col
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Happy to help, @DanielRK.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (2,617)