cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I still use solutions if Sharepoint online is my primary datasource?

Hi,

Can I still use solutions if Sharepoint online is my primary datasource? When creating my test environment I see under solutions that you need to have a dataverse database to have solutions.

I have created the DB but I'm concerned that I might not be able to use solutions if I have to base my apps on Dataverse as a datasource.

Can anyone provide clarity on the matter?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joe_hannes_col
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @Anonymous,

Yes, you can still create and use solutions based on other data sources than Dataverse, e.g. SharePoint.

You only have to create a Dataverse DB for enabling the use of solutions itself. If you are using solutions for Application Lifecycle Management, you will also have to create a Dataverse DB in the target environment before you can import the solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
joe_hannes_col
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @Anonymous,

Yes, you can still create and use solutions based on other data sources than Dataverse, e.g. SharePoint.

You only have to create a Dataverse DB for enabling the use of solutions itself. If you are using solutions for Application Lifecycle Management, you will also have to create a Dataverse DB in the target environment before you can import the solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @joe_hannes_col ,

Many thanks for your time and expertise.

Regards,

Daniel

joe_hannes_col
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Happy to help, @Anonymous.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,950)