cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Can I supply metadata or configuration for a PowerApp ?

We have a powerapp that uses (via Flows) a custom connector.

Today I supply customer specific data (configuration data) in de powerapp, with the goal not to touch the flows and/or connections(custom connector).

My question is : can we prompt for data when an powerapp is imported and/or copied in a new tenant/environment ?

There could be more than one "instance" of our powerapp with different configuration in a tenant/for a customer.

I ask this partly because of this requirement in the AppSource Guidelines:

Easily configurable, turnkey solution Your app must be easy and quick to configure and setup (no customization required). Required

https://smp-cdn-prod.azureedge.net/documents/AppsourceGuidelines/Microsoft%20AppSource%20app%20revie...

2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Visitor

To clarify : I am looking for something similar to specifying "connections" when importing a powerapp. But instead of a connection a simpel string/key is enough.

Frequent Visitor

The best way I can think of, is to create custom connectors that contain the required (customer-dependant) values. 

This requires the powerapp administrator to modify the JSON for our custom connector to support a new instance.

After changing the JSON, the admin can import the connector and create a new connection based on this connector.

Next the admin imports the PowerApp and points to this (newly created) connection ?!

Is this the way to go for now ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Users online (3,006)