cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veerasekar
Frequent Visitor

Can i setup CoE kit with Developer subscription or Community plan

Hi,

I downloaded the power platform CoE kit and imported 1st module core components but while running the deleting flow get connection error. So not sure if its due to license. I am using with Developer subscription and community plan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Veerasekar  , from your error message it looks like you don't have the correct licenses

Here is a discussion on a very similar issue

Installing Coe InvalidPaginationPolicy (CoE Core) · Issue #1852 · microsoft/coe-starter-kit (github....

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
joe_hannes_col
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hello @Veerasekar,

Could you please share the error message? Did you import the CoE core components into your developer environment, or into another environment?

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Veerasekar,

While you technically can run the CoE Starter Kit in a developer environment (I have done this in my dev tenant for testing purposes), you will have severely lower limits for API calls, flow runs, and so on. You are the only user that can access the environment so all connections would need to be run under your account.

If you are able to enable all the flows, then it shouldn't be a license issue as you would typically see an error when enabling a flow about not having appropriate license to do so. 

What error message are you seeing?

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi   

The CoE documentation requires a user with the following... 

Set up the CoE Starter Kit - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

What identity should I install the CoE Starter Kit with?

The CoE Starter Kit requires access to your tenant's Power Platform environments. Therefore, the identity you set up for the CoE Starter Kit needs the following:

Hi @ChrisPiasecki  . Thanks for your response.

Yes i get the below error message while i try to turn on this flow 'CLEANUP - Admin | Sync Template v3 (Check Deleted)'. This is the first flow i am trying to turn on.

Steps i did:

- Imported CoE kit solution

- Setup all required connections. no errors.

- left all environment variables blank except the 'Power Automate Enrivonment Variable' = 'https://unitedkingdom.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/'

- Import was successful with no errors

- Below 11 child flows were turned on automatically

1. HELPER – Send Email
2. HELPER – Maker Check
3. HELPER – CloudFlowOperations
4. HELPER – CanvasAppOperations
5. HELPER – Object Operations
6. CLEANUP HELPER – Check Deleted (Canvas Apps)
7. CLEANUP HELPER – Check Deleted (Cloud Flows)
8. CLEANUP HELPER – Check Deleted (Custom Connectors)
9. CLEANUP HELPER – Check Deleted (Model Driven Apps)
10. CLEANUP HELPER – Check Deleted (PVA)
11. CLEANUP HELPER – Power Apps User Shared With

- As a next activity as per this (Center of Excellence Starter Kit - Setup Instructions - YouTube) i started running this flow 'CLEANUP - Admin | Sync Template v3 (Check Deleted)' and got this error

Failed to activate component(s). Flow client error returned with status code "BadRequest" and details "{"error":{"code":"InvalidOpenApiFlow","message":"Flow save failed with code 'InvalidPaginationPolicy' and message 'The pagination policy of workflow run action 'Get_Environments' of type 'OpenApiConnection' at line '1' and column '1516' is not valid. The value specified for property 'minimumItemsCount' exceeds the maximum allowed. Actual: '100000'. Maximum: '5000'.'."}}".

@Veerasekar  , from your error message it looks like you don't have the correct licenses

Here is a discussion on a very similar issue

Installing Coe InvalidPaginationPolicy (CoE Core) · Issue #1852 · microsoft/coe-starter-kit (github....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,608)