cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Can not share model driven app

Hi,

I have made a model driven app and  I have created a role based on microsoft docs. All of entities which are used in app added to that role.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/share-model-driven-app

I tried to share the app to a user. I assigned the new role to her. When she tried to open the app, an error was occured "Application failed to load".

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

After that I thougt some object may be missing and created a new role copying from Common Data Service role. But I can not see this role on sharing screen. Only the first role exists on the sharing popup. How can I share a model driven app with custom role? Is there something I miss?

Best regards,

Sefa Duman.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can not share model driven app

Hi @Sefa ,

If you want to assign a new security role to users when sharing the model-driven app, you need to first assign the custom roles to the App, then the user will be abled to select all role assigned to the App. Reference from Share a model-driven app 

Snipaste_2020-07-23_15-30-04.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

You don’t share model driven apps with users. You assign a security role or roles to the app and then everybody who has that role will be able to run that app

keep in mind the users roles must give them access to all of the entities, forms and dashboards included in the app

and the user must have a license assigned to them that gives them the ability to access cds and model driven apps

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sefa ,

If you want to assign a new security role to users when sharing the model-driven app, you need to first assign the custom roles to the App, then the user will be abled to select all role assigned to the App. Reference from Share a model-driven app 

Snipaste_2020-07-23_15-30-04.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,236)