cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohanWP
Regular Visitor

Cannot add user to environment

Hi

I am trying to add a user to a powerapps environment (production env.) through the powerapps admin portal. I add the user email (which is an active user with a valid dynamics 365 plan license) and press the ”add” Button. A blue infolog is showing saying ”Working on it..” but from there the process seems to be stuck and the user does not get added to the environment. Anyone else having the same issue or any ideas about whats wrong? This has worked perfectly fine before..

Thankful for any input

//Johan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohanWP
Regular Visitor

I found the issue to the problem. For testing purposes we added a security group to the environment. This means that ONLY users that are part of that group can have access to the environment. It is not possible to manually add users that are not members of the security group.

Note that it is not possible to remove security groups from a powerapps environment either (yet..?)

//Johan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JohanWP
Regular Visitor

I found the issue to the problem. For testing purposes we added a security group to the environment. This means that ONLY users that are part of that group can have access to the environment. It is not possible to manually add users that are not members of the security group.

Note that it is not possible to remove security groups from a powerapps environment either (yet..?)

//Johan

View solution in original post

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Deleted

Just to add to this if anyone is having the same issue, the following fixed my issue.

If you are not sure what security group your environment is part of then go to this platform admin center:

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com

Once there select the environment you want to investigate and you will see the "Security Group" under details.

The user needs to be added to that group in Office365 (can take up to an hour to propagate but mine was instant) and then you can add enable the user and assign roles in Dynamics365 security settings.

Regards,

Rogan

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (58,958)