cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchagan1970
Regular Visitor

Cannot retrieve Connectors for a non-default environment

Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve connectors for a specific environment that is not the Default environment. I've tried the PowerShell Cmdlet Get-AdminPowerAppConnector which will retrieve connectors for the Default environment but returns nothing for other environments. I've tried the same using Power Automate using the "Get Custom Connectors as Admin" Action, this returns nothing also.

I've even tried using the Azure management API call which I guess the two above are based on, this also returns correctly for the Default environment but returns nothing for others.

I need the connector information as I want to add a custom connector to a DLP for a specific environment and using PowerShell or Power Automate connectors is the only way to do this.

Any ideas for how to resolve this would be appreciated.

regards

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tchagan1970
Regular Visitor

I found a work around for this by using the Get-AdminPowerAppConnection  with the -EnvironmentName parameter set to my environment where the custom connector is.

This returns a list of the connections, including the custom connector. The ConnectorName and FullConnectorName properties can then be used with the Add-CustomConnectorToPolicy cmdlet, the ConnectorName property is used with the -ConnectorName parameter and the FullConnectorName property is used with the -ConnectorId parameter.

My reason for doing this is using the Power Platform CoE Starter Kit specifically setting up the audit log connector https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-platform/guidance/coe/setup-auditlog

The audit log custom connector must be added to the DLP for the environment the CoE starter kit is running on.

Hopefully this may help others setting up the kit.

regards

Terry

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tchagan1970
Regular Visitor

I found a work around for this by using the Get-AdminPowerAppConnection  with the -EnvironmentName parameter set to my environment where the custom connector is.

This returns a list of the connections, including the custom connector. The ConnectorName and FullConnectorName properties can then be used with the Add-CustomConnectorToPolicy cmdlet, the ConnectorName property is used with the -ConnectorName parameter and the FullConnectorName property is used with the -ConnectorId parameter.

My reason for doing this is using the Power Platform CoE Starter Kit specifically setting up the audit log connector https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-platform/guidance/coe/setup-auditlog

The audit log custom connector must be added to the DLP for the environment the CoE starter kit is running on.

Hopefully this may help others setting up the kit.

regards

Terry

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,160)