Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Canvas connexions with the new solution import experience

Hello,

After the annoncement of the new solution import experience (https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-new-solution-import-experience-with-connec...), I was hoping that I could finally import a whole solution with Flows and Canvas PowerApps without having to open them and delete/recreate each connexion.

It works for Flows, as after a first import, I'm not forced to redefined connexions for the next imports.

How does it works for PowerApps though ? I’m still forced to delete and recreate connexions inside Canvas Apps for SQL Server.
When I oppen an app after an import to a production environment, I’m faced with this : “This apps need access to this connexion” for SQL Server. I can’t autorize the connection.

That's the same error as before the new solution import experience.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Canvas connexions with the new solution import experience

You might have already done this but just to be sure you are creating a new connection from the canvas app and then adding the new automatically created connection reference to your solution before import, if not then make sure you delete all previous connection references you created add the new connection reference that gets automatically created to your solution before exporting and import to prod.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Did you follow the next step instructions and recreate your canvas app connections

1. For canvas apps, remove the data sources from your app, then add them back and re-publish the app. Note the connection(s) must already have  associated connection reference(s). You can either delete the connections and re-create them or create a new connection reference within the solution and associate the existing connection. The canvas app designer will display the connection name.

And it may not be all there just yet as there are definitely provisos further down that page.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

@ben-thompson wrote:

Did you follow the next step instructions and recreate your canvas app connections

I did. I created a connexion reference to a connexion "SQL Server DEV", then deleted and recreated the connexion from a Canvas App to use "SQL Server DEV".

The first import asks me to specify which connexion should be used for the connexion reference : I set it to use "SQL Server PROD".

But I'm still faced with the error "Your app need this connexion" when I try to edit it. It's as if the App doesn't use the connexion reference.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

There is obviously something I don't understand.

Even after deleting and recreating SQL connexions from a Canvas App, I'm still faced with the same error ("Your app need this connexion") the next time I import it.

I am the only one with this difficulty ?

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

You might have already done this but just to be sure you are creating a new connection from the canvas app and then adding the new automatically created connection reference to your solution before import, if not then make sure you delete all previous connection references you created add the new connection reference that gets automatically created to your solution before exporting and import to prod.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks a lot @mohsinkhalid !

I misunderstood "create a new connection from the canvas app" as merely deleting and adding the SQL connexion again.

But when I created a new connexion (by filling server name and logins) from the Canvas app, the connexion created a reference connection in the solution. After that, exporting the solution worked flawlessly regarding the SQL Server connexion in the Canvas app.

I didn't test it yet, but I think that all Flows used in a Canvas app should use a connection reference created this way.

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Good to know, let me know if you have any other problems, all the best!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,383)