Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davetheteamsguy
Helper I
Helper I

Center of Excellence - Unique app launches by user

Hi everyone,

We have a need to see unique app launches by user.  The App Usage visuals in the Nurture section show total launches per user as well as which apps were launched, however I would like to produce a table that shows how many unique apps each user launched (for example User 1 opened 4 unique apps, User 2 launched 1 unique app).  Admittedly I'm not well versed with Power BI, but this seems like something I should be able to do with the existing data, so I'm reaching out to the community for what I hope is a quick assist.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
davetheteamsguy
Helper I
Helper I

I figured it out after some trial and error.  In the App Usage report, I created a clustered bar chart similar to the existing two bar charts, used admin_userupn as the axis and admin_appid - Count (Distinct) as the value.  That did the trick.

For extra credit, I also added Environment and Connection Tier slicers so I can filter who is using apps with premium connectors.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @davetheteamsguy ,

You are correct in that the data should already be in the Audit Logs table. The Operation column you can use to filter by what action (Launched app), and you can use the Power Apps App Logs lookup column to determine which app. I'm not a Power BI expert by any means, but you should be able to use DAX functions to get what you need, such as DistinctCount.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

DeviKrishna
Super User
Super User

HI @davetheteamsguy ,

See if this helps,

Login to - Power Platform admin center (microsoft.com)

Navigate to PowerApps under Analytics

Click on Usage

Choose the Environment.

DeviKrishna_0-1644232084426.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

My Blog: Dynamics 365 Key Topics – https://d365topicsbydk.com/

My YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxSIryP2ah2VpEFr-Z72t1A

Regards
Devi

davetheteamsguy
Helper I
Helper I

I figured it out after some trial and error.  In the App Usage report, I created a clustered bar chart similar to the existing two bar charts, used admin_userupn as the axis and admin_appid - Count (Distinct) as the value.  That did the trick.

For extra credit, I also added Environment and Connection Tier slicers so I can filter who is using apps with premium connectors.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (1,841)