Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YvoValcon
Helper I
Helper I

Center of Excellence bootstrapped from the North Star Architecture

Hi all,

I am planning to bootstrap the Centre of Excellence from the North Star Architecture, I hope you can help me with the following questions:

1. Do you create one CoE environment or do you create several admin CoE environments?
  2. Do all people who use the CoE need a premium license or only the one configuring the CoE?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Yvo 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @YvoValcon,

The CoE Starter Kit is designed to manage the entire tenant and captures data across the entire tenant, regardless of how many departments. Therefore it would be a waste of storage to have more than 1 production CoE environment because it would capture the same data. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @YvoValcon,

1. Typically you should have 1 sandbox environment and 1 production environment for the CoE, so that you can test any updates to the CoE before rolling out to production.

2. Since the CoE apps are using Dataverse, all app users will require a Power Apps Per user or per app license, or you can apply pay as you go on the environment. The owner of the flows will require a Power Automate per user license, or apply a Per Flow license.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

YvoValcon
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @ChrisPiasecki,

Thanks for the reply! Can you please verify the following situation: A company has 6 departments and every department gets a dev and prod environment. Via the North Star Architecture we want to bootstrap the Center of Excellence kit. In the end you will have 2 CoE environments (sandbox and production) for all 6 departments?

Best,

Yvo 

Hi @YvoValcon,

The CoE Starter Kit is designed to manage the entire tenant and captures data across the entire tenant, regardless of how many departments. Therefore it would be a waste of storage to have more than 1 production CoE environment because it would capture the same data. 

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (7,243)