cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Georg_B
Level: Powered On

Center of excellence: Admin Sync Template failed at the step: List Flows as Admin

Dear PowerApps CAT team,

unfortunately the Flow template that was provided for the Center of Excellence by the PowerApps CAT Team, fails at the step of "List Flows as Admin".

Error Details: Authentication failed.

All connectors are set up properly and I'm using an admin account.

Do you have an idea what could cause this issue?

Thanks a lot for your support!

GEorg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Center of excellence: Admin Sync Template failed at the step: List Flows as Admin

Hi @Georg_B ,

Could you please share a bit more about the error within your flow?

Based on screenshot that you provided, it seems to tell that you have faced a HTTP 401 error. The HTTP 401 error is an Unauthorized error, please check if the connection you created to the "List Flows as Admin" action of Flow Management connector is valid.

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:1.JPG

On your side, please consider re-create a new connection to the "List Flows as Admin" action in your flow as below:2.JPG

then try your flow again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, the Flow Management connector is even admin-level APIs, so please make sure the account you used to create a connection to the "List Flows as Admin" action has a Environment Admin Role (now, it is System Administrator role ) in your current Flow Environment.

Please check the following blog for more details:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/planner-triggers-connector-improvements/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Georg_B

Re: Center of excellence: Admin Sync Template failed at the step: List Flows as Admin

Hi Kris and Team,

thank you for your support!

Finaly I figured out that the reason was the Flow step it self since the flow step actions "list flow as admin" and "get flow as admin" that have been used in this template are not up to date.

I have recreated the flow step actions and have been able to select an environment.

For some reason it seems like the step actions in the template have been changed.

How ever, your reply to my issue gave me the final hint to just reproduce the flow step actions.

Now it looks like it does what it should.

Is there any documentation on the this "Admin Sync Template"-Flow to understand the setup and purpose since it is somehow comprehensive?

Thank you,

Georg

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Georg_B ,

Could you please share a bit more about the error within your flow?

Based on screenshot that you provided, it seems to tell that you have faced a HTTP 401 error. The HTTP 401 error is an Unauthorized error, please check if the connection you created to the "List Flows as Admin" action of Flow Management connector is valid.

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:1.JPG

On your side, please consider re-create a new connection to the "List Flows as Admin" action in your flow as below:2.JPG

then try your flow again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, the Flow Management connector is even admin-level APIs, so please make sure the account you used to create a connection to the "List Flows as Admin" action has a Environment Admin Role (now, it is System Administrator role ) in your current Flow Environment.

Please check the following blog for more details:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/planner-triggers-connector-improvements/

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Georg_B

Hi Kris and Team,

thank you for your support!

Finaly I figured out that the reason was the Flow step it self since the flow step actions "list flow as admin" and "get flow as admin" that have been used in this template are not up to date.

I have recreated the flow step actions and have been able to select an environment.

For some reason it seems like the step actions in the template have been changed.

How ever, your reply to my issue gave me the final hint to just reproduce the flow step actions.

Now it looks like it does what it should.

Is there any documentation on the this "Admin Sync Template"-Flow to understand the setup and purpose since it is somehow comprehensive?

Thank you,

Georg

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Georg_B ,

Have you solved your problem?

Currently, there is no detailed official doc mentioned about the "Admin Sync Template" in Microsoft Flow. If you would like this to be added into Microsoft Flow Official doc, please consider submit an idea to Microsoft Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Highlighted
TimoPertila

I have exactly same issue. Problem cannot be solved by adding new connection to action. Flow actions has to be removed and added again.

This causes pretty much manual work. Any chance this would be fixed on original flow template?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,960)