cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

Change SP data connection to different list

Hello,  I have a PowerApp with a SharePoint Connection to ListA.  During the developement we created a different ListB that now replaces ListA.  How can I cange the SharePoint Connection from ListA to ListB?  I can definetly add a new connection, but I cannot switch.  ONly way I have found is to delete the existing connnection and go object by object and change it.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Change SP data connection to different list

Hi @aortiz-arroyo,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to replace List A data source within all related formulas within your app using List B data source?

Currently, if you use List A as data source within all formulas within your app, and you want to replace it with/using List B, you could only go object by object (one formula by one formula) and change it.

As an fixed solution, you could consider take a try to save your SP List A as a Collection in your app (using ClearCollect function as below), and then use this Collection as a data source within your all formulas instead of List A.

Set OnVisible/OnStart property of the first screen of your app to following:

ClearCollect(DataCollection, ListA)

Use the DataCollection as data source within your all formulas in your app instead of List A. When you want to replace List A with List B, please modify above formula as below:

ClearCollect(DataCollection, ListB)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Change SP data connection to different list

Hi @v-xida-msft,

In my scenario when we started development the PowerApp was using list .../sites/SiteA/ListA/.  Because of changes we made to the list and/or now it will reside in a different site collection we need to change the connection to SharePoint for said list.  In my mind, this is like changing the database name from a database connection string.  Currently in flow, I cannot change that for an existing SharePoint connection, I will have to delete it and add a new SPO Connection, and have to go through the code to change the connection name as well, because the list name changed.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (4,056)