cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Change of data source in existing app

Dear Power Apprs experts, 

One question please. What is the best approach to replace a data source in the existing app by another with completelly same table structure (i.e. replace SharePoint list). 

I have an app with a connected contact list which is saved on SharePoint as SP list. I use the contact list as Lookup data source for filling a couple form fields. Now I would like to use another (testing contact list) and apply it in the app instead of the previous one.

I know I can update all Lookup formulas in form fields manualy after the 2nd contact list is added as connector but I was wondering if there is a more elegant solution how to replace the contact list in all form fields in one step. 

Old contact list

mesan123_1-1602073922798.png

New contact list (both active in the App data)

mesan123_2-1602073964274.png

example of an form field Look up function with the old Contact list

LookUp('Contacts List', Title = varRegion && Activity = varActivity ,'Finance Director')

example of an form field Look up function with the new Contact list

LookUp('Contacts List_1', Title = varRegion && Activity = varActivity ,'Finance Director')

Thank you for your tips,

Mesan123

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Mesan123,

Please, check this thread, I hope it can help you:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/how-to-change-the-data-source-in-powerapps/t...

Regards,

JAvier.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (21,148)