cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing owner

In the company I'm at now, I've build a few powerapps that I am, consequently, the owner of. I'm soon leaving the place, and I'd like to transfer ownership to someone else. However, when running "set-adminpowerappowner" I get the error:

VERBOSE: Status Code: 'BadRequest'. Message: 'The request failed with error: 'Invalid GUID specified.'. The tracking Id
is ...

I can run other commandlets (for example, get-powerapp works fine). Any idea what the problem may be?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

To perform the administration operations in the admin cmdlets, you'll need the following:

• Office 365 Global admins or Azure Active Directory Global admins no longer require a P2 license for administrative access to the PowerApps admin PowerShell cmdlets. However, these administrators need to sign in to the PowerApps Admin Center at least once before using the PowerShell cmdlets. If this is not done, the cmdlets will fail with an authorization error.

• Office 365 Global Administrator or Azure Active Directory Global Administrator permissions if you need to search through another user’s resources. (Note that Environment Admins only have access to those environments and environment resources for which they have permissions.)

As an alternative workaround, in CoE StarterKit, there is a 'Set New Owner App' that you can assign a new owner for Apps.

Reference: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-the-powerapps-center-of-excellence-starter-kit/ 

Snipaste_2020-01-29_16-07-38.png

Sik

Advocate II
Advocate II

This is probably to late for the OP, but in case anyone else finds this through google:

I had the same Issue and fixed it by using objectID of new owner instead of email address :).

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (32,182)