Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Changing the Security Group on Production Environment

Hi all,

This has got to be something obvious, but I have set up a new production environment on the wrong Security Group.

It is my first new item as we have outgrown the company default, so I can't recall exactly how I set up the group initially.

I have spent some time levels deep in screens, but cannot find it.

I also have a second part to the question - I need to share with a couple of users the ability to make and save apps in this - is this something separate and if so, how do I do it?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Open the environment in the Power Platform Admin center.  In the upper right hand corner of the environment settings you will see an edit link.  Click that and it will open a side panel with the properties for editing.  Next to the security group you will see a pencil.  Click that icon to select a different security group for the environment.  See screenshot

screenshot.png

To let other people make apps in the environment make sure they are a member of the security group you specify and verify that they have the App maker security role.  You can check and edit their security role in the setting panel for the environment under User + Permissions.  Settings is an entry on the context menu for the environment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Open the environment in the Power Platform Admin center.  In the upper right hand corner of the environment settings you will see an edit link.  Click that and it will open a side panel with the properties for editing.  Next to the security group you will see a pencil.  Click that icon to select a different security group for the environment.  See screenshot

screenshot.png

To let other people make apps in the environment make sure they are a member of the security group you specify and verify that they have the App maker security role.  You can check and edit their security role in the setting panel for the environment under User + Permissions.  Settings is an entry on the context menu for the environment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks @Pstork1 ,

I must have looked past those two links a dozen times and drilled down into Dynamics 365.

The second bit solved itself - it appears our company has all users in the security group able to design and save apps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (30,524)