cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
afc
Level: Powered On

CoE Starter Kit - Unable to import solution

Downloaded the latest COE Starter Kit today from Git Hub - However I couldn't get past step 1 - importing the solution... I am trying it on a new environment with new CDS.  I can confirm that the account is a global admin and the owner of the environment and the CDS. Below is the error message. Any ideas? 

An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics 365 Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support. : Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.EntityMetadataNotFoundException: The entity with a name = 'CanvasApp' with namemapping = 'Logical' was not found in the MetadataCache. MetadataCacheDetails: 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
afc

Re: CoE Starter Kit - Unable to import solution

Finally managed to import the solution after removing the 3 Canvas Apps from the CoE solution! 

What helped me was reading the log file (tip: Open it in Excel! Much more readable).

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
afc

Finally managed to import the solution after removing the 3 Canvas Apps from the CoE solution! 

What helped me was reading the log file (tip: Open it in Excel! Much more readable).

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @afc ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

In addition, there are also some known limits with Solution you need to known in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/use-solution-explorer#known-lim...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Craig_Humphrey

I also got it to import by stripping out the apps, but then there was a Flow warning - looks like a datasource/connector isn't being created - though I suspect that comes later in the process.

But this means I'm left without the canvas apps being installed... Importing requires some kind of ZIP based package...

How about the MS team involved in releasing the CoE fix the original problem in the import process?

afc

I manually installed the canvas apps and they generally work. 

I did get another issue trying to import from the Flow template included in the StarterKit so I guess we're stalled at the same place! 

Craig_Humphrey

Just created a new PowerApps Environment - USA based - and the import worked!!

I was using Australia based Envrionments previously.

Still got the Flow warning - but I think that will be fixed in later steps.

pwapp_explorer

Encountering the same error - excluding the App from the solution isn't really a solution, because the whole point is to deploy the app.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Craig_Humphrey

Try using a different location for the Environment.

I found our Default Australian ones didn't work.  But a USA based one did work.

pwapp_explorer

Thanks - I'll log it with MS, because I'm limited to storing our data in certain geographic regions

Craig_Humphrey

Understandable.  I've logged it on the GitHub site.  Let's see who gets a resolution first 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 268 members 6,159 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: