cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to gateway

Hi Community! 

Just starting off with PowerApps. I'm in Power Platform admin center where I can see a gateway which was set up long ago which I use for PowerBI - can I use this as a gateway for PowerApps? 

When I go to connect to my data - using Oracle database - I get no Gateway available? Is there a further set up or additional set up needed for PowerApps?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connecting to gateway

Seemed like my Environment Region didn't match cluster region when it was set up. That solved my issue. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi KasiaW,

Could you review the Gateway installation process and confirm it is available for Power Apps

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-install

Johnnyg_0-1600608236934.png

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi!
If this gateway is for database, than you probably will be able to connect to this db, so look for it, not for a data gateway

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hey @Johnnyg 

That is exactly what is looks like. I have just updated my Gateway to newest version of Friday as well. I'll explore more and see what else it could be. Anything to do with an environment? 

Thanks,

Kasia

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@eliz_talent @Johnnyg 

But I get this when I try to set up?

KasiaW_0-1600693378498.png

But I do have I gateway set up and I'm using it for PowerBI, I just don't get why I can't use it for PowerApps when it says it's ready for use + I am the admin of this gateway:

KasiaW_1-1600693506235.png

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Please confirm you have gateway and powerapps at the same environment

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Seemed like my Environment Region didn't match cluster region when it was set up. That solved my issue. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (6,579)