cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillYoung-arm
Helper III
Helper III

Consent Popups

Hi! A small number of users have queried the Consent Popups for the app connectors on first use. They sound quite scary as they say that the app can use and delete info (e.g. emails). Mostly users accept the explanation that this is merely to authenticate against their O365 account and is similar to installing a phone app, however, not always. Unfortunately the requirements for the Powershell script used to supress the consent will be problematic to apply to each new app, so I'd like to provide a sensible explanation of the messages and why they aren't creating security issues. Has anyone had similar problems and come up with some suitable wording to explain to users? I couldn't find anything suitable in the documentation

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Popup is tied to the specific connection. So if you create another App with the same connection you will not get the Popup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The consent popups describe what the actions in the connector will have permission to do if you authenticate the connector.  For many connectors this also includes actions that can delete things, so that permission is called out in the authentication dialogue.  But the existence of that text does not mean that the app does those things.  It means the connector has the ability to do those things.  Whether the app does them or not is dependent on what actions were used in the app.  So I would include an additional statement in the app description that species what actions the app is designed to take. It will be a subset of what is on the authentication Popup.

Thanks for the feedback Pstork1

The suggestion to include a comment in the description is great, however, I haven't seen where this is visible to app users?

It would be really useful if we could present  a comment prior to the app loading or if the consent was only presented when it is first used!

Cheers

Bill

Some other queries come to mind on this issue:

The powershell option to suppress popups only apply  to a specific app, so would only seem to postpone the inevitable queries that come with consent popups

What has been other Administrators experience of the reception to these consent popups?

Does consent apply per app, as I tried creating another app with the same connectors but didn't see the popups on first run?

Thanks for any feedback

Bill

I thought the Description was available in the Details screen, but after checking its only available when editing the App. Not sure why it doesn't show elsewhere.

The consent popup only shows the first time you run an App as a new user. After that it won't be displayed again.

The Popup is tied to the specific connection. So if you create another App with the same connection you will not get the Popup.

View solution in original post

Thanks for clearing that up Pstork1.

I had wondered if this was the case but wasn't sure

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,180)