cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remzo
Regular Visitor

Create app with premium connector, but no license.

Hi.

I have encountered an issue that I`m struggeling to understand. So, the company that I`m currently working for, use the Office 365 E3 license as default on all of their employees. This means (as far as I understand) that they have PowerApps capability, but no premium connectors unless they purchase the licenses for PowerApps.
In my head, if a user only has an E3 license, and the user creates an APP, the user should not be able to create an app with premium connectors. But, users are able to do this.

So, my question is as following:

Are user without a license for premium connectors supposed to be able to create apps and flows containing premium connectors? We know that users that do not have the right licens are not able to run the apps and flows that contain premium connectors. 
Is this perhaps put in place so that productivity and innovation does not stop?

1 REPLY 1
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Remzo, not sure of the exact reason, but that's one of the reason I would assume. Also, many times license procurement take time, so the users can start their app while licenses get purchased and assigned. Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,458)